Divine Appointment

Saturday, October 9, 2010

In this post, I’d like to show you what happened to me the other day (October 7th, 2010).

The day started with my normal routine. I was gonna go outside and drive around while I listen to my MP3 player. Since it was nice, I decided to go as far as the construction site a couple blocks away from my house. So I was driving down the sidewalk for a while, on my way to the point where I had to turn right to go down another sidewalk, so I could get a good view of the progress at the construction site, but something happened along the way.

As I was nearing the construction site, I felt my MP3 player slipping down my leg and I knew it was gonna fall on the sidewalk. I thought to myself, “Oh great,” because there’s no way I could have picked it up on my own. I must have been sitting there looking like a lost puppy. I looked around to see if there was anyone I could ask to assist me. There’s a bunch of restaurants and business around there. I saw two construction workers, and I thought I’d ask them, but they went back to work. Then I thought about it, whoever helps me, I could give them a track. I waited around a while but there was still nobody I could ask.

There was a business back in the other direction, and I thought, “This is gonna be embarrassing.” I figured I was gonna have to go in and ask somebody for help. So that’s what I did. I drove into the business, but once I was in there, I was hesitant to ask anybody. So I went and looked at the clearance aisle and there were some cross decorations that caught my eye. One said, “For God so loved the world,” and the other one said, “This is the day that the Lord has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it.” Then I remembered later that was a scripture I’d been reading all week. After that, I went up to the front and waited for some customers to leave, and then I asked for some help. There was a girl behind the counter and she called for somebody in the back to help. A guy came up to the front and I tried to explain to him about my dilemma, but sometimes my voice is hard to hear and he misunderstood. He thought I said parking lot, but I actually meant way down the sidewalk. I told him I’d meet up with him where it was. I wanted to make it as quick and painless for him as possible.

Once we got outside, the guy went to the wrong sidewalk. Eventually we met up where the MP3 player had landed but it was gone. He asked me how long ago I dropped it. In mild frustration, I said, “10 minutes ago!” But then I got over it. There was no point in getting upset. So I asked him, “Can I at least give you something for your trouble?” He said, “Oh no. Don’t do anything like that.” But I was thinking about a track. I wasn’t gonna give him money. I assume that’s what he thought I meant. Then I explained to him it was just a pamphlet that talks about my life and what gets me through. He said, “Oh sure.” He took one and looked it over. I told him God’s really transformed my life. Then he said, “Oh, I’m Jewish.” I said, “Oh, that’s awesome.” Then he said, “Oh, I’m not anti-Christian or anything. I love Yeshua.” That’s what he said! Then he started back toward the business. I hollered, “Thank you,” to him. He hollered back, “You’re welcome.” And for those of you who know me, I feel called to reach out to Jewish people. I want them to know their promised Messiah has already come. Yeshua or Jesus (Yeshua is Hebrew for Jesus) Christ. Here’s a link to my blog, where I talk about my calling.

Shortly after this, I saw two ladies walking up the sidewalk. I moved over so they could get by. One of them asked if I had dropped something. I said, “Yes, my MP3 player.” The woman then pulled it out of her pocket and gave it back to me. I wanted to tell them a little bit about what had just happened to me so I asked them if they had a second. They said, “No.” They looked to be in a hurry or maybe just on a lunch break.

When I got home, I realized I never found out what the guy’s name was. Then I also realized I forgot to tell the lady thank you.

I hope the Lord blesses that guy with Messiah’s saving grace.

So that’s pretty much what happened. And that’s why I call it a “Divine Appointment.”

0 comments: