Vintage 80's Christian Rock

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Admittedly, this music is dated. It reeks of the 80's. For some reason, I think I love it. My posts have been pretty heavy lately, and I thought I'd lighten it up with some old school 80's Christian music. While listening to the Live365 radio station, CCM Classics Enhanced, I heard this band, Servant, and instantly I was hooked. It's a Petra era band, if that helps any. This particular album, Light Maneuvers, came out the same year I was born: 1983.

To go along with the Servant album, I've included some more miscellaneous 80's Christian rock music, ie. John Lawry from Petra and Degarmo & Key (this one will give you quite a laugh, just watch and you'll see why).



Here's a couple songs from John Lawry's solo album Media Alert.





Here's Degarmo & Key's hit song, "Hand in Hand."

0 comments: